Bloggers, are you part of the Craftsy affiliate program?
Craftsy is one of my favorite affiliate programs and I highly recommend it to bloggers. Craftsy is part of ShareASale – sign up for the Craftsy affiliate program here. Note: there are affiliate links in this post.
First, What is Craftsy?
Craftsy is an online education site. They feature professionally-produced pre-recorded online courses (tutorials). They have classes, both free and paid in quilting, sewing, knitting, crocheting, paper crafts, cake decorating, cooking, gardening, photography, art, jewelry and more. Plus there are craft supplies. Many of the classes are 4+ hours long, so it is in-depth training. Classes are taught by bloggers and other subject experts.
The best part is students can interact with their award-winning instructors and each other in the online classroom. You can watch classes anytime, anywhere. In addition, they sell supplies for your crafting projects.
There are many ways to monetize and promote Crafty’s program.
- You can use the discounts they offer for your own purchases and you are allowed to use your own affiliate link.
- Craftsy pays out 10% of every sale you refer. Craftsy rewards you for sending new customers – you get 75% of any sale for new customers. For existing customers, it’s 15% (for classes). For supplies and kits, it’s 10%. Cookie length is 30 days – so you get credit for any sales for up to 30 days from the time someone clicks on a link to Crafty’s site on your blog.
- You can link to any page on Crafty’s website and earn a commission if it leads to a sale. That means their blog posts, indie pattern designer patters, etc. ShareASale’s custom link creator tool allows you to create deep links to anywhere on Craftsy.
- Craftsy has banner ads that update with each new campaign. In ShareASale make sure to find the banners that say:”Bring Creativity to Life”. When you post the HTML code for those banners on your blog/site, they automatically update with every sale. There are other banner ads that you can put in your sidebar and/or your post.
- Craftsy has a huge variety of classes to choose from. There are classes on how to use a DSLR camera. Also, woodworking, cooking, sewing, quilting, gardening and more!
6. Craftsy has frequent sales and they email affiliates weekly to let you know what is coming up. The best part is, your affiliate link is included. That saves you a lot of time going to look it up. They also give you a sneak peak about sales and other promotions.
7. Craftsy is well managed and their affiliate manager will get back to you right away if you want to reach out. She also keeps you up-to-date on any changes or policies.
8. You can (and should) promote their classes or supplies in your own email newsletter.