I’m starting a new tradition to make me blog more frequently here. Each week I’ll publish my best finds to help you market your business online. I look through my tweets and what I’ve pinned or saved on Facebook and give you my best links.
For Writers + Authors
- SeekorShout.com – get content, expert sources, research and other support for stories (free of charge). Great find for looking for bloggers in a certain niche. Created by Cision.
- Talesit blog is a great resource and example of how you can create info products centered on your expertise.
- The Talesit’s author study gives great advice to authors – unfortunately only half of self-published authors make more than $500 on their books. Writing a press release or getting media increases your profit.
- How I went from writing 2000 words a day to 10,000 words a day. Tips on increasing your writing quality and capacity.
Utah Bloggers Make the News:
- Utah bloggers are top in the nation.
- McDonald’s tapped the mom bloggers & social media to stage a big come back.
- A Utah blogger fears bloggers sold out in exchange for some free Happy Meals.
Pinterest Marketing Roundup:
- Too long didn’t read (TL; DR) Slideshare presentation about how with Pinterest & other image sharing sites social networking is going graphic.
- SmallbizTrends covers PinAlerts my new tool for Pinterest.
- Sony tests Pin Deals – and tips for marketers who want to steal their idea.
Thoughts about Writing a Press Release:
I took the thought below from the book How to Write Perfect Press Releases which is strong if you’re targeted the media and not using a distribution method such as a newswire. My book, I Need a Killer Press Release, Now What?? is focused on getting traffic to your web site and people sharing your news through social media. This is probably the #1 thing most struggle with – understanding how the media works. Read both and you’ll be a pro with the media and online!
One Response to “Online PR Link Love – May 26, 2012”
Leave a Reply