When I went to Affiliate Summit this January I got to meet some affiliate managers and get to know their programs. I’m always looking for programs that are well-run and responsive. In other words, when you have a question they will answer and they are genuinely interested in seeing bloggers succeed. Greg Hoffman only runs programs in ShareASale and is a top notch affiliate manager. Stephanie Robbins is another great manager. Note: some of the links below are affiliate links.
How The Best Affiliate Managers Can Help You:
- They keep you updated on promotions.
- They give you content ideas (StichFix does a great job of this).
For example, if you’re VidAngel and Martin Luther King Day is coming up, you’d send an alert to your affiliates letting them know you have Selma and how it’s a perfect tie in.
- They respond to email or other ways of contacting them (Jeannine at Affiliate Window is great at this).
- They make it easier for you to promote their products. Melissa from Craftsy (she has since left) actually embeds your link into every email. She pre-writes tweets too. At a minimum you can copy/paste or edit then copy/paste. This is really helpful and I wish more affiliate managers did it!
- I referred a blogger to the Grokker program, where Stephanie Robbins is the affiliate manager. I noticed that Stephanie actually commented on a post she wrote about Grokker. When I mentioned how great that is, and rare, here’s what the blogger said:“She is incredibly easy to work with and gets back so fast. This is the first affiliate program I’ve ever had good response. So I’m super glad you mentioned them. I’d just about given up on affiliate with shareasale for a while. Now I’m looking for more great companies on there.”
Affiliate Marketing Programs I Recommend
Affiliate programs can change and sometimes get better, but other times they get worse. There are programs I like but I don’t care for the affiliate manager – either you’re on your own or they do little to help out. Some of these brands may be new to you however, they are successful programs that have options for most bloggers.
As of writing this post, these are some favorites:
Craftsy is a very popular online education site with 9 million members. Craftsy has online classes in crafts, cooking, sewing, drawing, and more. In addition they have the supplies you need for the classes you take. They are high quality, many of the instructors are bloggers, and you have lifetime access to classes. You can ask the instructor questions.
- 75% of first-time course* purchases from new customers (30-day cookie)
- 15% of existing customer course* purchases (5-day cookie)
- 15% of Boundless, Colonial Manor and Cloudborn product purchases (30-day cookie for new customers, 5-day cookie for existing)
- 4% of all other product purchases on Craftsy (5-day cookie)
- *Third-party classes excluded (e.g. The Great Courses)
Grokker offers online yoga classes and that is their absolute expertise. However, they expanded into HIIT and other exercise classes and cooking classes. It’s ideal for fitness bloggers or lifestyle bloggers who attract moms that have a tough time getting the kids packed and out of the house and to a gym. I actually love their office workouts that you can do at your desk. I love seeing $10 showing up in my account every time someone signs up for a free trial.
30 day cookie
Sign up for the Grokker affiliate program here.
Take a class on Grokker yourself first to see if it’s a good fit for your blog. Get a free trial.
Zaycon Fresh is a nationwide, popular option for you to get much higher quality fresh meat – better quality than you get at the grocery store for a lot less. Zaycon Fresh had a program and honestly I didn’t hear very much praise for it. However, they’ve since launched a new influencer program and it rocks.
If you joined under the old program, where you got $1 store credit you’ll still get that for each order. However, by changing to the influencer program you’ll make $15 on those customers – much more!
Here’s how it works: you get very high quality meat direct from the producers. This is premium, no antibiotic fresh, boneless skinless chicken breast for $1.69 a lb. for example. Then you select a pickup location near you at the day/time designated to pick your order. You pull up and they load it into your car. You buy in bulk. They have bacon, ham, pork, ground beef, chicken (whole, thighs, breasts, etc) and more. I checked the brand on the box of Alaskan wild caught salmon I got and it was a platinum level (the highest), exclusive brand that only sells wholesale. And I got it for an incredible price!
- You earn $15 for every new order
- Earn $5 on referrals for orders from bloggers who signed up as an influencer under you
- For every 100 customers, you’ll get a bonus
- They keep adding great benefits like a gallery of images that you have permission to use in your posts
Once approved, you get this badge for your blog:
Sign up for the Zaycon Fresh Influencer Program. I recommend that you try Zaycon Fresh yourself, take a video or do a Facebook Live post of either picking up your order, prepping your food, or cooking with it. Then start including it in your recipe and posts about saving money on groceries. Since it’s a brand most of your readers may not know about, it’s a good idea to be familiar with their products first before you promote it.
Essential oils from Amoils are a great fit for a natural health or family blog – you can promote high quality oils without the monthly order required from an MLM.
25% 60 day cookie
Average order size is $62
3% conversion rate
Sign up here.
100 Percent Pure is all natural, organic and vegetarian skin care that is affordable and loved by celebs. I got a sample of their eye cream and I’m a big fan. I use it every night and it’s really helped with under eye circles and bags under my eyes. First eye cream I’ve ever loved. Make sure to read the part that tells how many customers were happy with various aspects of their specific products. They’re a good fit for beauty bloggers, natural living bloggers, or anyone who talks about skin care or makeup.
Payout: 10% per sale, 45 day cookie
Average order size is $80
Sign up here.
CleatSkins are covers that slip onto sports shoes (like cleats) to protect & keep them clean. So when your kids play soccer in the mud you can easily prevent that mud from tracking into your car and then your house. Ideal for bloggers who write about their kid’s sports or solutions to things that come up in families.
$5 per sale, 60 day cookie
Sign up here.
Only 3% of all beef in the US receives the designation of Prime, yet Snake River Farms far exceeds the standard. Ideal for bbq bloggers, food bloggers and anyone who enjoys quality meat without antibiotics.
Snake River Farms and Double R Ranch are the premier brands of American Wagyu beef, Kurobuta Pork and Northwest source-certified beef for over 15 years. Now both brands present fantastic affiliate marketing opportunities for blogs and websites with food-centric content. Featured on the menus of the best restaurants in the world ranging from Michelin starred establishments to local business with an eye for extraordinary quality. At the table, Snake River Farms and Double R Ranch products impress with complex flavors, subtle sweetness and remarkable tenderness.
7% per sale, 60 day cookie
Sign up here.
Are you an affiliate of any of these programs? Which are your favorite affiliate programs or managers?