If you're new (or not new) to social media, there are some things you can do to make people angry. That means they will probably unlike, unfollow or otherwise ignore you. It's a good way to make sure they won't ever buy from you.
Here is your guide to pissing people off on web sites like Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites.
7 Ways to Piss People Off on Social Media Sites
- Always blog about your product, your company, tools, etc. Make sure it's always about you!
- Make sure all links go back to your site or blog.
- Leave comments about yourself on other people's blogs that are blatantly self-promotional. Do the same on Facebook. Don't even comment, just drop a link to your website.
- Incessantly invite friends to become a fan of you or your company on Facebook.
- IM people on Facebook and ask them to link to you. Or in Facebook groups (although there are some just for that purpose).
- Put auto DMs on Twitter that are not personalized telling people to go to your website. Better yet, link to spammy sites.
- Try to stifle or censor people when they say things you don't like about you (or your business) on social media sites. Delete posts you don't like.
And the winner is…
The WORST thing most people can do to piss people on Social Media Sites:
Aggressive Self Promotion
Don't do it (unless you want to piss people off).
These ideas are based on an Affiliate Summit presentation by Rebecca Kelley @rebeccakelley